TW3 10-inch Subwoofer Driver (400 W, dual 4 Ω voice coils)
Building on the core technology of our TW5 thin-line subwoofers, the new TW3’s deliver a powerful combination of shallow mounting depth and excursion capability. In fact, they are capable of greater excursion than the W3v3’s.
To allow this remarkable feat to be achieved, JL Audio’s patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the TW3’s using a “concentric tube” structure built into the injection-molded cone body. This structure supports the voice coil and a full annular spider, while permitting the placement of the large motor structure further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs.
TW3’s are optimized for small enclosures and offer our tab-ear mounting design to maximize cone area within their mounting footprints. We know you’re going to love working with these amazing subwoofer drivers.
Deep, powerful and accurate JL Audio bass is now possible in more applications than ever.
- Very shallow mounting depth (3.25 / 3.50 Inches)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Very small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Very long linear excursion capability (0.60 In / 15.2 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor designs
- Patented “concentric tube” architecture
- Patented “floating cone attach method” technology
- Cast alloy frame
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Aluminum-alloy dust cap and rear cap with JL Audio logo
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio’s Miramar, Florida factory
|Free Air Resonance (Fs)||32.30 Hz|
|Electrical “Q” (Qes)||0.656|
|Mechanical “Q” (Qms)||11.35|
|Total Speaker “Q” (Qts)||0.62|
|Equivalent Compliance (Vas)||0.700 cu ft / 19.82 L|
|One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)*||0.6 in / 15.2 mm|
|Reference Efficiency (no)||0.2300%|
|Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)**||82.10 dB SPL|
|Effective Piston Area (Sd)||56.532 sq in / 0.0365 sq m|
|DC Resistance (Re)***||9.036 Ω|
* Xmax specifications are derived via one-way voice coil overhang method with no correction factors applied.
** For parallel-wired voice coils, divide “Re” by 4. All other specifications remain the same.
*** Re (DC resistance) is measured with the voice coils in series, for parallel-wired specification divide Re by 4. All other specifications remain the same.